Wednesday, April 23, 2008


Removed a bunch more windows and one of the wings today. Turns out the wings make a great place for bees to hang out, we removed a couple of really big pieces before grabbing this photo. No wonder the previous owners always mentioned bees when we were looking it over.

Putting something back together...

Finally started replacing something instead of just continuing to take it apart.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Corner Rot

Ripped into the curb-side front corner today. From the way it looked before digging in I expected this side to only need a new birch panel, but I found that the rot was actually a lot worse than the street side corner. You can see daylight between the edge of the floor and the alum exterior since about 10 inches of the wood frame is just gone. Also the wood frame at the inside corner from the floor to the window is also now gone. Should be too hard to replace but not something that I expected. The front side windows must have been leaking for a really long time!