Friday, June 14, 2013

Jalousie Window Repair

This will be 5th year of camping with our Shasta Airflyte since we restored it. While the blog has been pretty quiet we've been making plans and doing some work to get our trailer ready for this years adventures. One of the things that needed attention was a louvered jalousie window on the front of the trailer. Late last season we found that one of the windows no longer operated, a post had broken off of a cast linkage between the crank and the vertical piece that each louver is attached to. Luckily I was able to fix this without removing the window. I removed the crank assembly then drilled out what remained of the post and replaced it with a simple pop rivet and short section of plastic tube that you can see in the photo above.  Overall this seems to be a good quick fix that hopefully will last.