Wednesday, July 30, 2008

List of 10 things















I've finally got the number of things to do in order to go camping down to a list of around ten things. the problem is that every time I can cross something off the list, I find at least one more thing to add back to it. Some of the tasks are really simple and quick, others like putting the rear window back together and getting it installed seem to take hours and hours. At this point all the windows are in and it's tight to the weather except for the elusive door gasket. I finally broke down and ordered one from Vintage Trailer Supply, hopefully it will work.

We had campground reservations a couple of weekends ago that we ended up canceling, not quite ready yet. If all goes well we will go for one night close to home as a test run this weekend. The following weekend we are driving 5 or 6 hours to the Adirondacks for a week with the Shasta.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hi- she's looking awesome. I'm redoing my door also. U mention a gasket? Where are you putting it? What item is it from vintage trailer supply? Thanks
Jim

Jim said...

Hi- she's looking awesome. I'm redoing my door also. U mention a gasket? Where are you putting it? What item is it from vintage trailer supply? Thanks
Jim

Don said...

I used the VTS-229 "Gasket for Overlay Doors" and found that I had to trim the standing rib so it tapers to almost nothing at the hinge along the top and bottom edge. It still takes a little more pressure to close than I'd like but it doesn't leak.