Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tin Can Tourists: 2009 NE Regional Rally





































Link

A few weeks ago we made it to the Tin Can Tourists rally in New York's Finger Lakes region. We were only able to make for the last couple of days during the weekend, but even so it was a great event to be part of. There were about 60 vintage trailers there in varying conditions. It was really interesting to compare trailers that had over-the-top hot rod style restorations to those that were in original condition or restored to be as-original. The owners were also really interesting, quite a diverse group all drawn together by this obsession with old trailers. Having attended the smaller rally earlier in the year we were able to visit with some folks that we knew already and helped us feel not too much like newbies. I'm still digging through my photo's and have been posting to them to a Flickr photoset as I get through them.

2 comments:

CampAlumna said...

Don,
Thanks so much for posting these. I have a few in my camera that I will be posting soon. It was good seeing you and your family that weekend!

Don said...

My hard drive with photo's is on the fritz, today I finally got bunch more photo's posted from the TCT Rally.