Sunday, November 15, 2020

in Hot Water!

 

































The new water heater is now installed securely, plumbed to the new PEX water lines, and connected to both 12v and 120v power. Some of the propane propane lines are only roughed in at this point, but theoretically we have hot water when plugged into shore power now. The new Dometic/Atwood heater fit very well into the old hole, I only needed to make a custom shaped sill piece for the bottom edge for a clean installation. I'm really glad to have that ugly patch gone and the giant hole left behind finally closed up! I had planned on getting a propane only model, but they are no longer in production and I could not find an old stock one for a price that made sense. Taping into the 120v AC line was pretty easy because there was an existing 120v outlet in the wall just above the heaters location. At some point I'll spray paint new door silver so it looks more like it belongs. 


No comments: